PR Secrets: How To Get Your Products Into Christmas Gift Guides
The biggest shopping season of the year is closer than you think.
Long lead publications are compiled 3 - 6 months before they are published. Sometimes even longer for Christmas as shopping pages are transformed from two page features to ten pages worth of gift guide; valuable space to inspire your customer’s Christmas lists.
In 2016, Cecilie and Shannon got 36 products into Christmas Gift Guides for our clients at LFA. They’ve tried and tested every press practice and cut out the unnecessary to maximise your chances of Christmas Gift Guide success. Here are their three top tips for maximising press throughout the biggest shopping season of the year.
Cut-out images have a white background and they must be high resolution (330 pixels per inch or above). These images will be printed in the magazine itself (no pressure). It's essential to get this right, so we always recommend hiring a professional. High quality imagery is always an investment when it comes to press coverage. See Maik's example cut-out imagery below.
Long lead publications are compiled 3 - 6 months before they are published. This means long-lead gift guides will close in July / Aug. Starting Christmas in July will really help to maximise your chances of press.
Which publications do you want to target? Who is compiling the Christmas Gift Guide? What theme are they working to? When is the deadline?
We’re spilling our insider secrets to provide you with real-time updates of everything you need to get your products in to the Press this Christmas.
Our Christmas Gift Guide subscription includes:
- Long-lead, short-lead and online Christmas gift guide details from July until Dec 2017
- Publication gift guide contact name, email, role
- Deadline of each Gift Guide
- Themes and categories for each gift guide (if applicable)
- Guide on how to approach gift guide editors
- As with all press, coverage cannot be guaranteed but contacting the right people will give you the best chance possible to be featured in Christmas Gift Guides
Ready to get started? Join PR Dispatch for £39 per month.